Apply to join
Purchase a profile page to tell your story, join a like-minded community and promote your brand to an audience of independent business supporters.
Image credit: Craig Garner
HOW IT WORKS
WomeninBusiness.com.au is designed to be a low cost marketing tool for female independent business owners*.
We use your profile page to introduce you and your business to a new audience and send more visitors to your website, blog, online shop & social media accounts.
Our goal is to grow your audience and potential customer base. At this stage we don’t hold meetings and are not affiliated with any other organisation. Don’t let that stop you from connecting, meeting up and collaborating with other women who are already profiled though.
The profiles we publish are hand selected – not all applications are successful. Read through the information below and fill in the form at the bottom of this page to send your application.
We’ll be in touch within 48hrs if we think you’re a good fit for our particular audience (equally important for you – to reach people who have an interest in what you do).
We look forward to receiving your application!
* Including co-owned/family businesses, side businesses and bloggers who sell advertising/products or services.
Tell your story and promote your brand to people who support independent business owners.
- Get more visitors to your website/online shop/blog - each profile has prominent links with calls to action to visit your most valuable websites – both at the top of the page and the bottom
- Reach new people who want to know more about you and what you sell
- Grow your social media audience – e.g. to increase Facebook likes, Instagram followers, Twitter followers and Pinterest followers – and in turn give you a bigger audience to see updates
- Promote your brand and tell your personal business story to a worldwide and local audience (remember people buy from people they like.)
- Be found in search engines - your profile page is optimised to appear in search results when someone is looking for your personal name or business
- Increase credibility - a profile page published on Women in Business is a personal recommendation from the Editor
- Build your personal profile – for most independent business owners we are our business
- Become part of an online community of independent business owners who support each other (& buy from each other!)
A dedicated search engine friendly page that promotes your brand with links to your most important web pages.
- A short introduction to your story written by the Editor including:
- Your business name
- A link to your primary website using your business name (important for search engine rankings)
- Your location
- What your business specialises in
- When it was established
- A black and white profile picture (a natural, clear photo of yourself from the shoulders up that we edit into black & white)
- Links to your website, online shop and/or blog (both at the top of the page and at the bottom)
- Links to up to 4 of your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and/or Instagram)
- Your profile page is shareable on Facebook and Twitter – allowing your story to reach the friends of the people who’ve shared your profile
- Search engine friendly designed – be found for your business name and help increase your business
- Your biography written in your words (including a mix of personal and professional highlights) – max 250 words
- An interview section with 5 questions to answer
- A unique URL to point people to your profile page
- Your profile is categorised by your industry and location and is easily found by the website search function
- A shout out on our Facebook page when your profile is published
- Your Facebook page will be added to the Women in Business Facebook page likes
WHO YOU’LL REACH
- Other independent business owners and the people who love to support local and independent businesses
- Visitors to womeninbusiness.com.au, our quarterly newsletter subscribers (4,700+) and likers of our popular Facebook page (27,000 + likes)
- We’re based 100% online so our visitors are using their internet/mobile devices – they are connected to the internet and your profile page is designed to get maximum click throughs to your most important online spaces – e.g. your website/online shop/blog and social media accounts
- A profile page on Women in Business gives you a common connection to introduce yourself to other women who are profiled – take advantage of the opportunity to collaborate or meet with each other and motivation to buy from each other – a valuable form of support we all appreciate!
HOW ARE APPLICATIONS SELECTED?
We review each request and check it against the guidelines we’ve created to uphold the integrity of the website and the community.
- Your business must be independently owned (or co-owned)
- We do not include business in the following industries: multi-level marketing, gambling, get rich quick or pharmacy/weight loss
When your profile is published on Women in Business, you’re receiving a public recommendation from us. We only invite businesses we think will benefit from a profile with us and appeal to our audience.
The profile pages are designed to be an affordable advertising solution for small budgets.
The cost is $7 AUD per month. Monthly payments are billed automatically through Paypal/Credit Card and can be cancelled at any time through your Paypal account.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Please contact us and we’ll help you as quickly as possible.
APPLY TO JOIN
Thanks so much for your interest. Please enter your details in the form below to apply for a profile page. We’ll be in touch within 3 days if your request is successful.